Piedmont Technical College is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant students. Non-immigrant students must apply for an F-1 visa through the international student application process. Piedmont Technical College is authorized to admit international students for associate degree programs only.
- 1. Apply for Admission
Fall: June 1
Spring: November 1
Summer: March 1
International transfer students: all documents submitted 30 days before the start of classes.
All documents must be received by these deadlines.
- 2. Provide Educational Records
Provide an approved evaluation of evidence of successful completion of secondary school, equal to a U.S. high school diploma. Note: An English translation may be required for approval. Evaluation must be submitted directly from a NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) member evaluator. A list of NACES members can be found at www.naces.org
- 3. Provide Evidence of English Language Proficiency
Provide evidence of English language proficiency by one of the following:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores with a minimum of 61 (Internet-based). Scores valid for two years from test date.
- IELTS (international English Language Testing System) score band 5.0.
- Transfer credit for post-secondary level English coursework. Note: For transfer credit, provide an approved credit evaluation for college or university coursework for international transcripts. The evaluator of the coursework must be a NACES member evaluator.
This requirement may be waived for a student whose first language is English or whose secondary school of instruction is English.
- 4. Provide Acceptable Test Scores
Take College placement test or meet one of the following criteria for exemption:
- A High School GPA of at least 3.0 waives the Writing and Reading portion.
- A grade of "C" or higher in a college level English course from a regionally accredited or approved institution.
- Earned an associate, bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum score of 20 on ACT English and Reading waives the Writing and Reading portion.
- A minimum SAT score of at least 450 on Verbal (or Critical Reading) waives the Writing and Reading portion.
- A minimum GED score of 165 for Reasoning Through Language Arts and Mathematical Reasoning beginning with the 2016 GED.
To register for testing, follow these instructions. If you have any questions about the placement test, please contact the Testing Center by phone at 864-941-8748 or by email at TestingCenter@dashesoflove.net.
- 5. Demonstrate Evidence of Financial Support
Complete the Affidavit of Support with official documentation of financial support in the amount of $31,725 ($21,942 with Sponsor's Affidavit of Free Room & Board) to cover tuition and expenses for one academic year.
- 6. Provide a two-semester Escrow Deposit of U.S. $8,486
A portion will be used to pay first semester tuition and fees. The balance will remain in escrow to be applied to your last semester. This amount is subject to change based on the current tuition rate for international students.
Note: These amounts are subject to change based on the current rate of tuition, books and cost of living in the local area.
The INS Form I-20 will be issued upon completion of Steps 1-6.
Regulations require all prospective F students to pay the I-901 SEVIS Fee before the Department of State issues you a visa. For more information regarding this process, go to http://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/students/prepare/paying-the-i-901-sevis-fee. This is not a requirement for students who already hold an F-1 visa.
Transfer-In students will be required to submit a Transfer-In release form from prior institution. I-20 will be released upon transfer release of SEVIS record. Note: Transfer-In students are not required to pay a new SEVIS fee.
Transient International Students pursuing a degree at another college or university but choose to take approved classes at PTC, must complete Step 1, submit the International Transient Coursework Approval Form signed by the Registrar and International Advisor, and provide a copy of your I-20.
- Admissions Checklist for International Students
- Estimated cost of attendance for one year
- Affidavit of Support
- Sponsor's Affidavit of Free Room and Board (optional)
International Designated School Officials
Dean of Enrollment Services
(864) 941-8537 (fax)
Associate Dean of Advising Services